Michelle's Reviews > Shadow and Bone

May 14, 2012

bookshelves: 2012debutauthor
Read in April, 2012

Short & Sweet Review from Michelle:
WOW. This book is fabulous. While the general premise isn't anything terribly original (girl finds out she's special and is charged with saving the world, boy problems along the way, etc)... it's what Ms. Bardugo did with it that is just AMAZING. The world she has created, inspired by Russia, is so interesting and exciting. I could rave on and on and on. I love the way she handles magic, the characters and that bad boy. Mmm mm. I love that vulnerable bad boy who may just be pure evil.

Leigh will be on the Authors are ROCKSTARS! podcast soon. You can listen over at AuthorsareROCKSTARS.com.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Shadow and Bone.

Quotes Michelle Liked

Leigh Bardugo
“I missed you every hour. And you know what the worst part was? It caught me completely by surprise. I'd catch myself just walking around to find you, not for any reason, just out of habit, because I'd seen something that I wanted to tell you about or because I wanted to hear your voice. And then I'd realize that you weren't there anymore, and every time, every single time, it was like having the wind knocked out of me. I've risked my life for you. I've walked half the length of Ravka for you, and I'd do it again and again and again just to be with you, just to starve with you and freeze with you and hear you complain about hard cheese every day. So don't tell me why we don't belong together," he said fiercely.”
Leigh Bardugo, Shadow and Bone