Susan's Reviews > The Hidden Sun

The Hidden Sun by J. Lloyd Morgan

F 50x66
Nov 25, 11

Read in November, 2011

My daughter and I read this book together for a book club at her middle school....Have to admit when we started to read the names and places worried me a bit because I had trouble saying them...but no need to worry there was a handy pronunciation guide at the beginning of the book and we soon fell in love with the characters....I won't go into to much detail so as not to ruin the book for anyone who has not read it; but I have never read a book that handled the main characters like J. Lloyd Morgan did in The Hidden Sun. I stirred a lot of emotion out of both my daughter and I which is always a good sign when reading a book. We fell in love with the characters and Bariwon and were so excited to hear that this will be a series. We could not put the book down, my daughter would beg me not to stop reading...."just one more chapter...we can't stop now!!" It can stand alone (but I am so glad it won't). We were also had the privilege of meeting the author and having our book signed, we loved hearing the reasons behind the names and where the idea from the book came from. I highly recommend this book to young adult and up....boys and girls.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Hidden Sun.