Sweetp-1's Reviews > A Storm of Swords

A Storm of Swords by George R.R. Martin

Dec 15, 11

bookshelves: fantasy, ebook, favs
Read from November 25 to December 15, 2011 — I own a copy

** spoiler alert ** Yet again I found the majority of the book to be a slow-med pace as Martin once again sets the stage for the major action scenes that occur towards teh end of the book. I do think this is my fav of all the books so far - perhaps because I have been reading them all in a row so the characters and settings are still fresh in my mind. I love the way Martin can make you feel sorry for even the most unlikeable of characters (when Arya leaves the Hound to die!!!) and that he has no qualms with killing off even the most beloved of characters. I had a read a spoiler somewhere that Robb dies and there was a 'red wedding' but even as I was reading that particular scene it never even entered my head it would go down the way it did. Excellently done. The political intrigue continues to be the backbone of these novels, and I am continually amazed at the level of detail and seemingly never ending plot twists and turns that Martin has created. In the previous book it was Danerys who I always wanted to read more about but I think Jon Snow may have stolen my heart. I just hope Martin isnt planning on killing him off in the next book!!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Storm of Swords.

12/04/2011
12/06/2011
40.0% "These books take soooooooo long to read, however I think this one might be my fav so far. I find myself sneaking off to squeeze in a chapter here and there. Depending on how this one ends I might rest awhile before I embark on #4 and 5, feeling the need for some quick non-saga reads!"