Rebecca Hill's Reviews > Earthbound

Earthbound by Richard Matheson

F_50x66
Nov 25, 11

I own a copy, read count: 1

A ghost story with a twist that only Matheson could deliver. Similar to his other books, the story is slow to get going, but has great character development. The couple visiting their honeymoon location in an effort to rekindle their stressed marriage was not the most interesting start to a book. The husband's affair and the wife's lack of emotion are nothing spectacular either. However, when the reasons for the affair and lack of emotion start to bubble up, it becomes quite interesting, not to mention the ghost the husband comes across. There is a lot of erotica in the book, which I wasn't expecting, but not over done to the point the story is lost or it becomes stale to read. The ending is a little to story book and drawn out. I could have done without the last page regarding the ghost's resolution, it was a little too something for my tastes. I really enjoyed the writing style and characters, yet it is not one of the author's best books. Short book and a quick read, not a keeper though.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Earthbound.