Laura's Reviews > The No-Cry Sleep Solution: Gentle Ways to Help Your Baby Sleep Through the Night

The No-Cry Sleep Solution by Elizabeth Pantley

Nov 25, 2011

liked it

While some of this advice is good for a first time parent, I found that a great deal of the book is just meant to soothe new parents who are having trouble getting their kid to sleep (i.e. "You will get through this.") and the other chunk is like reading an infomerical.
This book had a few common sense suggestions that were worthwhile. (What really made the difference for us was just our child's growth.)
One beneficial suggestion was to record the baby's wakings so that you can compare objectively whether his/her sleep patterns are improving.
I found that we were already following a lot of her advice, and it just made us feel more justified in our choices. It's definitely a better option than just letting your child "cry it out."
Don't be fooled by books who will promise that the contents will unlock the secret to getting your child to sleep at night. Every book will promise results. The true secret is that you can do your best at parenting, but there's just some things out of your control.
I'd recommend borrowing this from a library.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The No-Cry Sleep Solution.