Vin's Reviews > My Boyfriend Merlin

My Boyfriend Merlin by Priya Ardis

Nov 25, 2011

bookshelves: arthurian, coming-of-age, e-books, ebooks, fairy-tales, heroic-fantasy, mythology, own, retellings, sword, sword-and-sorcery, urban-fantasy, ya, ya-fantasy, ya-paranormal, ya-romance, fiction, fantasy, paranormal, wizards
Read from November 25 to December 01, 2011

A fun, fast-paced, femme ya fantasy. I grew up with the author--my sister, so its no surprise that I have gravitated toward an interest in the same genre of books. I read this book as part of her main audience, those that are always searching for another juicy Alanna-type fantasy/romance. The book is no disappointment!

Ryan is a spunky lead who provides the right mix of girl-power with the necessary swoon for cute boys. Experiencing her quest takes you out of reality into a twist on sword-lore, but drops you right in the middle of your real life memories of heart rate quickening high school romance. A mix of magic and raw butt-kicking makes this Arthurian adventure a great read and a great debut for Priya Ardis.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read My Boyfriend Merlin.