Kayla's Reviews > Beyond the Highland Mist

Beyond the Highland Mist by Karen Marie Moning

712048
Nov 25, 2011

bookshelves: highlander, karen-marie-moning, favorites, romance-time-travel
Read from April 30 to May 02, 2012

This was such an amazing book! Loved the story! This is the first time-travel I've ever read and I can't wait to start reading the second book.

Adrienne was raised in New Orleans and she's lived there all her life. Until tragedy- or perhaps just reality- strikes and Adrienne flees her hometown. It's 1997 and Adrienne vows that she will never fall for beautiful men again. Until she is teleported back into the Scotland highlands in the year 1513.

Hawk has fought for the king for 15 long years. His life was pledged into service when he was born. At 18 he was sent off the the thrown and was humiliated repeatedly by the King of England, who already had it out for Hawk's clan. Hawk is known as the lady's man. Women want him, and men either want to be like him or they want to kill him. Hawk has just about given up hope that he will find an intelligent, witty woman that he can spend the rest of his life with, until Adrienne "falls" into his life.

But how long can the two stay together? How long will Adrienne be able to stay in 1513?

I can't express enough how much I loved this book! It was so amazing. Truly heart-breaking at times but so well written and I loved the Scottish accents. :) I highly recommend this book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Beyond the Highland Mist.

05/01/2012 page 216
show 1 hidden update…

message 1: by Micheline (new) - added it

Micheline Awesome review ✿Piper✿, I've been wondering about this series since I read KMM's "Fever" series. This is going straight in my 'to-read' pile :)

Kayla You'll love it! :)

Kathrynn I knew you'd like this one (and the series)! Pay attention to Adam Black as he gets his own book (#6, I believe) and it was and has been my ALL TIME favorite book. :-) Enjoy!

I may have to get this set in e-form....:-)

Kathrynn Also, Kresley Cole has a trilogy (highlander and no vampires) that is very good. We have it and you should think about reading those, too. My favorite was Ethan's story. Had a slight mystical theme, i.e., curse based.

And, Pamela Clare's highlander series. OMgoodness! "Ride the Fire." You will love it.

Kayla Adam Black was the evil guy in book #1. I won't be forgetting him.

Yay for Kresley Cole! She has her first YA book coming out in October. :)