Lidia's Reviews > Lunatic Fringe

Lunatic Fringe by Allison Moon

Nov 25, 2011

I am always pleasantly surprised when I come across a good book, those who fail to satisfy not only the passion for great stories but also to invite reflection and reasoning on timeless topics. First book for this writer, is a small compendium of knowledge most useful to young women, boys would not hurt to read it, in search of its identity.
The protagonist is just a very lonely girl, who hardly speaks and who is still suffering from the abandonment of the mother and that the door to be insecure and shy. It is also still looking for himself, his own sexual identity and has a great need to belong to a group (typical of his age), which eventually makes her feel "at home" and safe. The pack is a feminist, feminism is a theme perhaps surpassed in Italy but not in America and especially in lesbian circles, and that brings us back to the problem of inequalities and disciminazioni and violence suffered by women who still even though we are in 2011. News of today, in Italy one in three women suffer from violence. And then there's the surreal aspect of the story, the reality of how to blend in to the fantasy of mythological werewolves and werewolves that fight for supremacy of Group and to reread the human dynamics of domination and power. A great little book that makes you reflect on each page. Aimed at young people, can help them better understand themselves, in a period of self-discovery, of first love, when you must choose its future. With a writing fluid, descriptive and compelling, lyrical when he describes the woods, the changing of time, the sensations felt by the protagonists, the writer has seduced with this story, not only my heart but also my brain.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lunatic Fringe.