Sally Pearce's Reviews > Cross Currents

F 50x66
Dec 03, 11

bookshelves: read-in-2011, favorites
Read from November 25 to December 03, 2011 — I own a copy, read count: 1

John Shors has hit another home run with CROSS CURRENTS! This was a delightful book set in Ko Phi Phi, Thailand in December 2004. From the location and the time frame, you might think it's a book about the tsunami that swept for thousands of miles at that time, but, while that is part of the story, it is not all of it by any means. The tsunami happens in the last eighth of the book (approximately).

Most of the book is a simple, but complex story of love and families. The Thai people are wonderfully portrayed and the Americans are so real. Patch is the "main" character, who has made bad mistakes and is hiding from the Thai authorities. His brother, Ryan, brings his girlfriend, Brooke, with him to try and help Patch decide what to do. Each character is fully fleshed out and I found that I had strong feelings about all of them.

When the tsunami does hit, we find out what they all are made of. What a wonderful story of friendship, love, terror and loyalty. The strength of all of the characters is remarkable.

I can't wait for Shors's next book!
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Cross Currents.

11/25/2011 page 1
11/25/2011 page 1
0.28% "I've had this one since it came out. I've been saving it for when I could sit and read with little interruption. Love Shors!"
11/26/2011 page 39
11.08% "Trying to take my time and savor this one. Who knows when the next one will arrive?"
11/30/2011 page 110
31.25% "What a delightful read! the pace is slow and needs to be. Shors always gets it right!"
12/01/2011 page 149
42.33% "What a good read!"
12/02/2011 page 216
61.36% "I love this book!"
show 2 hidden updates…