Erika's Reviews > The Demon's Lexicon

The Demon's Lexicon by Sarah Rees Brennan

Feb 10, 12

bookshelves: love

It is very difficult to find something "different" among magicians, demons and hunters in YA scenario, but Sarah did it very well. I love the universe she has created and the way it is described, I love the dialogue and the surprises (in the last 30 pages left me with mymouth open). I did not see it coming and the outcome hit me like a train and and I enjoyed with a smile. Even now I smile tenderly when I remember the siblings feelings between Nick and Alan

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Demon's Lexicon.

Quotes Erika Liked

Sarah Rees Brennan
“Fear's useless. Either something bad happens or it doesn't: If it doesn't, you've wasted time being afraid, and if it does, you've wasted time that you could have spent sharpening your weapons.”
Sarah Rees Brennan, The Demon's Lexicon

Sarah Rees Brennan
“Nick could see the gun shaking in Alan's hand now, in tight, terrified spasms. "Last night we put a magician in the river," Alan said, his voice low and intense as if he was making a promise."Maybe we should send you to join him."
"You know the rules," the woman whispered. "Don't shoot the messenger."
Nick interrupted, leaning down to speak in her ear. "Do they say 'Don't cut the messenger in half with your great big sword'?”
Sarah Rees Brennan, The Demon's Lexicon