Yvonne Stegall's Reviews > Discardia

Discardia by Dinah Sanders

Nov 25, 2011

Read from December 05, 2011 to January 05, 2012

I must honestly say that this is the best book I have received through First Reads so far. Even if you have read every de-clutter book out there and even if you think your home and life are clutter free, you can benefit from this book. Sure, you may read a bunch of stuff that you already knew, but you will also find random tidbits of info that you hadn't discovered elsewhere yet.

I was a pack rat, my mom is a pack rat and my grandma was a pack rat. I graduated from that "lifestyle," or "illness," many years ago, but through Discardia I learned that there was much more I could let go of. My favorite part of this book, this lifestyle change, was the push to change to the digital age in order to lessen the things laying around my home. I only owned (past tense now, due to Discardia)about 25 music CDs, but now I have none. Those that I thought I may want to hear again I ripped onto my laptop. Those that I hadn't listened to in months just disappeared.

I think I have even finally been convinced to graduate to a Kindle, instead of having this clutter of books (which are a pain to move when switching homes).

I started out giving this wonderful book only 4 stars because I am an editor at heart. I find the mistakes in writing, spelling and grammar, in everything I read. But, I too make mistakes, and realized I shouldn't hold that against such a wonderful self-help book. If you are looking for something life changing, if your New Year's resolution was to change your life for the better or revolved around getting rid of clutter, then this book is for you. But it isn't just about clutter. Discardia can put you on the path to losing weight, finding your dream job or finding the love of your life.

Read it, you'll love it and you'll forever be changed! (received the book for free through Goodreads First Reads)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Discardia.

02/14/2016 marked as: read

Comments (showing 1-1)

dateUp arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dinah (new) - added it

Dinah Thanks so much, Yvonne!

By the way, if you're re-reading and notice any mistakes again, please do drop me an email (Dinah at Discardia.com); I'd love to correct them in the next update if they weren't already caught in the update after the version the First Reads folks received.