Melissa's Reviews > V is for Vengeance

V is for Vengeance by Sue Grafton

Nov 24, 2011

Read in November, 2011

I considered not reading this book. I've read the prior 21 books as they have come out and have been less than thrilled with the last 2 or 3. I'm glad the "see things to the end" part of me guilted me into reading it. Very enjoyable, and it takes a bit of time to figure out how all the pieces of the puzzle should fall in place. When they do, it is worth it.

"A woman with a murky past who kills herself-or was it murder? A dying old man cared for by the son he pummeled mercilessly. A lovely woman whose life is about to splinter into a thousand fragments. A professional shoplifting ring racking up millions in stolen goods. A brutal and unscrupulous gangster. A wandering husband, rich and powerful. A spoiled kid awash in gambling debt thinking he can beat the system. A lonely widower mourning the death of his lover, desperate for answers that may be worse than the pain of his loss. An elegant but ruthless businessman whose dealings are definitely outside the law: the spider at the center of the web. And Kinsey Millhone, whose thirty-eighth-birthday gift is a punch in the face that leaves her with two black eyes and a busted nose. V: Victim. Violence. Vengeance"

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read V is for Vengeance.