Paris's Reviews > Eventide

Eventide by Elle Jasper

Jun 01, 12

bookshelves: urban-fantasy, 2012
Read from May 26 to 27, 2012

Actually rating: 1.5, but rounded up to 2 as 1 just seemed a little too harsh.

I’m done. I can’t take it anymore. The first book in this series was great and had enormous potential. But now with each new book the series is completely going downhill. Riley is no longer the character that I loved in book one. She’s annoying and whiny and although she has gone through physiological changes, I would have thought her character development would have gone a lot different. Really none of the characters are as strong as they once were and that bothers me a lot. I have to have at least one character I connect with in a book and I didn’t feel connected to any of them this time around.

Added to my irritation regarding the changes in the characters, the majority of the book was extremely slow and the majority of the scenes were Riley having weird out of body experiences that I could care less about. Then about three quarters of the way through the book Jasper introduces this whole different cast of characters (because there weren’t already a ton of people in this series) that belong to a group called WUP. And guess who’s going to join WUP in the next book…yep that’s right Riley. This book was just a filler to clear up the crap left over from the last book and to set up what sounds like a completely different series.

I won’t be reading the next book in the series. I just can’t waste time with these characters anymore. My TBR pile is too high and my patience too thin to deal with the disappointment that just keeps coming from a series that started out so well.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Eventide.