~Leslie~'s Reviews > Blood Dreams (Blood, #1)

Blood Dreams (Blood, #1) by Kay Hooper

Jul 01, 12

bookshelves: library-paper, ebook-kindle
Read from June 30 to July 01, 2012

This is the first in a trilogy but #10 in a series about a paranormal unit of the FBI. It wasn't too hard to get into the flow of what's been happening before, so I didn't feel like I missed too much. I always like stories about paranormal detectives and it was no different for this book. I actually give it 3.5 stars. Dani is a psychic with a twin. They are both part of a private investigation group that is linked with a special unit of the FBI. The groups have been investigating a series of murders in Boston that are tied to one serial killer. After a brutal killing is discovered back in their hometown by the sheriff, they realize that the killer has moved his base of operations. Marc, the sheriff of the small town, and Dani, have a previous history. The mystery and suspense are good and the paranormal aspect of the story is very interesting. The romance is very weak however, and I would have liked more of that. There is a very impersonal quality to the book and yet it is an engrossing read. I will be interested to go back and read the beginning of the series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blood Dreams (Blood, #1).