Cherry Mischievous's Reviews > The Phoenix Endangered

The Phoenix Endangered by Mercedes Lackey

Dec 23, 11

bookshelves: own, willreadthisauthoragain, favourites, i-ve-read
Read from December 11 to 23, 2011

Review:

The cover art got it wrong. Tiercel is the blond one and Harrier is the ginger head. However the depiction is bang on and I like the drawing/art... It is pleasing to my fantasy buff eyes! The character development is very good as per usual with this dou author. I still miss Simera! And usually I hate cliffhangers... but this time around I was prepared! Having known these authors' writing style from the Obsidian Trilogy, I knew it's gonna be like that. I think it's a matter of my getting into the proper "mind set" that I did not get upset when it came to the cliffhanger... and maybe... plus the fact that I continued reading onto Book 3 straight away as soon as I hit the cliffhanger that contributed a lot to my not getting upset. But really, this book has no real beginning with a cliffhanger ending. Shouldn't be read own it's own. A middle chapter of a bigger book (which is the trilogy). I think if read as a stand alone, the reader would get royally confused. I wouldn't even talk about the plot because it started with Book 1 and ended in a cliffhanger so there isn't one really to talk about. But because of the marvellous story telling quality I cannot give it a 1.

Empirical Evaluation:
World building = N/A
Cover art = 3
Pace = 4

Overall Rating: 2 out of 5 cherries

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Phoenix Endangered.