Serena Yates's Reviews > Avowed

Avowed by K.C. Beaumont

Nov 29, 11

bookshelves: m-m
Read in November, 2011 — I own a copy

Definitely a highly emotional story, with a lot of ups and downs, Avowed is an interesting look at human nature under pressure to o 'the right thing'. One side of the story is that of Charles, a totally devoted lover whose world collapses when the man he loves leaves him to marry a woman. The other side is that of Jason, his lover, who turns out to have some very noble (if totally misguided and idiotic) ideas about doing the right thing.

The contrast between these two made for a great deal of tension, and I was impressed with how well Jason's position came through, even though Charles tells the story in first person. Still made me yell at Jason for being such an idiot about it. In the end, he redeems himself, but the needless suffering he caused Charles was cruel and unnecessary. I guess the only thing I can say in Jason's defense is that, well, he is human, and we all make mistakes.

If you like stories with emotional turmoil, heroes who have to suffer a great deal before the happy ending and appreciate a deeper look at relationships of different types, you will probably enjoy this book.

NOTE: This book was provided by Silver Publishing for the purpose of a review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Avowed.