Shawna's Reviews > Rescue Me

Rescue Me by Rachel Gibson

May 31, 12

bookshelves: contemporary-romance, rachel-gibson, cop-bodyguard-govop-merc-military, small-town-lovin, kindle, rt-book-reviews-top-pick, heroine-classy-lady, 2012-reads, 4-to-5-stars, angsty-dark-heavy-lotsa-drama, bikers-sexy-as-sin, brothers-sisters-cousins-family, contemporary-western-romance, ending-abrupt-poor-epilogue-needed, hero-abused-scarred-tortured-angst, hero-alpha, hero-attractive-handsome-heartthrob, hero-bad-boy-playboy-player, hero-bedroom-bad-boy, hero-brooding, hero-military-war-veteran, hero-recluse-loner-lonewolf, hero-player-manwhore-sex-addict, hero-stud-mantel-hall-of-fame, heroine-abused-traumatic-past-rape, heroine-country-lass, heroine-girl-next-door, heroine-good-girl-tempted-gone-wild, heroine-heiress-socialite, heroine-i-adore, heroine-miss-independent, heroine-odd-spinster-wallflower, heroine-plucky-lively-feisty-spunky, heroine-ridiculed-unpopular, hh-disfigured-injured-scarred-ill, hh-love-commitment-marriage-phobic, hh-deaf-mute-speech-disorder, hh-post-traumatic-stress-disorder, hh-sweet-nice-paired-vs-gruff-cynic, hh-warrior, humorous-at-times-or-fluffy-fun, i-read-kindle, made-me-cry, steam-2-warm, steam-3-hot, chick-lit
Recommended for: Fans of contemporary romance with love/commitment phobic military heroes
Read from May 29 to 31, 2012

4 ½ stars – Contemporary Romance

Rachel Gibson is one of my go-to, comfort contemporary romance authors when I need a light, fun read with a good dose of humor and emotional substance that’s not too fluffy or overly angsty.

Rescue Me returns to Lovett, Texas, population 10,000, and pairs former Navy SEAL Vince Haven, who’s the brother of Autumn from Any Man of Mine, and Sadie Hollowell. Vince and Sadie have hot chemistry but there isn’t enough time devoted to their actual romantic progression/relationship development. It just seemed like most of the revealing of their characters was done independently, and I wanted a bit more of them actually together.

Still, I really enjoyed Vince’s and Sadie’s characters, the humorous, clichéd Texas references, and the colorful secondary characters, and the estranged relationship between Sadie and her father was realistically portrayed and heartfelt. The ending was much too abrupt with a somewhat hasty HEA, especially since I’m always greedy for an epilogue, but I’m hoping that means we haven’t seen the last of small town Lovett, Texas.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Rescue Me.

Quotes Shawna Liked

Rachel Gibson
“I'm thirty-six, and I'm in love for the first time. I don't know what that says about me. Maybe that I've waited for you all my life.”
Rachel Gibson, Rescue Me

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Karla (new)

Karla Great review Shawna!

Shawna Thanks, Karla!