Terry's Reviews > The Rocking Horse

Jan 30, 12

bookshelves: favorites, highly-recommended, suspense
Recommended to Terry by: Gloria Zachgo
Recommended for: Everyone!
Read from January 18 to 30, 2012, read count: 1 and I plan to read again.

"The Rocking Horse" by the extremely talented Gloria Zachgo, is one of the best books I've read in quite some time.
If I didn't know that this was the author's first novel, I'd think I was reading a novel off of one of the top bestseller lists. This book certainly deserves a top spot in the rankings.

The story is enthralling and deliciously addictive. Once you start reading, you can't put it down. You won't want to put it down. Real life and it's duties become mere annoyances while reading this novel. I've stayed up too late, and functioned with too little sleep ever since I started it. However, it was worth every moment.

Ms. Zachgo doesn't mess around. She's a natural born storyteller, with a smooth, clear voice and an 'ear' finely tuned for suspense. Very 'real' characters to like, love and hate.
While reading, you feel as if you are a part of this small town; they become your family and friends. Ms. Zachgo even managed to make me care about the murderer, which was no small feat.

I highly recommend this book to everyone. No matter your favorite genre, you can't miss with this book or this author.
I'm eager for more Ms. Zachgo. Please write more soon!

*Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from the author for review purposes. (Thank you Gloria Zachgo for the opportunity to read your wonderful book). I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
3 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Rocking Horse.