Sheilashelton's Reviews > Lover Revealed

Lover Revealed by J.R. Ward

U 50x66
Nov 24, 2011

Butch was always great comedy relief, and I was eager for his book to find out how he and Marissa would finally come together. However, the story didn't live up to my expectations. I expected Butch to be more persistent, and fight for his woman, but he had some major self-esteem issues that were a bit of a turnoff. Marissa's self-esteem wasn't much better. By the end, both of them were borderline pathetic. I just kept thinking how can these two be a good couple with all the combined self-doubt.
There were a few hot love scenes, one was voyeuristic involving Butch's best friend V. Interesting twist there, we find that Marissa may have some competition. The constant pushing away, and coming back together with the main couple got pretty old quick, and sadly I got a little board with the dialogue. I just wanted these two to show a little confidence.
[image error]

The sexual innuendo between Butch and V is brought to light in this book and adds another dimension to the story. Is V in love with Butch, or is Butch his Frodo to V's Sam. Either way we get some inside to the dynamic of their relationship.
In the end Marissa finally found her grove and had herself a you-go-girl moment, regarding her peers, that redeemed her for me. Butch also goes through something (I won't mention what, and spoil it) so he can be the man Marissa needs.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lover Revealed.