Kelly's Reviews > Deep Dark Secret

Deep Dark Secret by Sierra Dean

Feb 13, 12

bookshelves: ebooks, 2012-favorites, read-in-2012, urban-fantasy
Read from February 07 to 13, 2012

Sierra Dean, you rat! I equal parts love the way you can twist up my emotions and curse you for making me empathize with Lucas when he does something that I *really* didn't initially agree with. You've made me into a waffling mess. And now I want waffles! Look at what you've done to me!

*deep breath*

As per usual, Secret is pretty awesome. She can kick supernatural booty with the best of them... no, better than the best of them. I like that in a girl. I like that she has a stable of men drooling over her and she's so fiercely devoted to Desmond. I like that she has found a way to make her poly-amorous love life work. I like that she is battling both sides of her nature in different ways. I LOVE how quick she is to jump to someone's defense when they need her.

The bad guy is appropriately nasty here and Secret has her work cut out figuring out the intricacies of who and what he is as well as how to defeat something she's never faced down before.

There are some big happenings in this book. BIG. Things that make me frown, things that make me gasp, things that make me want to bite my nails. I love Secret's world. I love that she's such a huge part of it yet at times she's so wonderfully clueless. I'm dying to know what's going to happen next to our intrepid heroine.

-Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Deep Dark Secret.