Joi's Reviews > Bumped

Bumped by Megan McCafferty

Nov 28, 11

bookshelves: nook
Read from November 24 to 28, 2011 — I own a copy

This has to be one of the strangest books, and books that made me feel the strangest in a while. One main thing was that I didn't realize that alot of it would be about adoption, and being adopted a lot of the feelings that were talked about were true to a point, but exaggerated, and made me question the author. It would be crazy to find a biological sister, and the feelings of wanting to find those related to you is a subject that is very close to me. But McCafferty seemed to make all the feelings so superficial and shallow that it bothered me.

Anyways, first of all, it was written to be like a teenager, so the language use and phrasings took me a while to get used to. Once I got past that, the concept of being infertile once your 18 is quite a large one to get ahold of. The book was very simple, and I found myself being able to easily guess what was going to happen, despite its 'plot twists'. The characters were easy to dislike, but mostly made me question the author more. Especially in Harmony's religious parts it seemed like the author didn't have much experience with people who are like that, and went off a stereotyped character. The funny thing is, despite all the negative things to say, I still found myself wanting to read more, and wanting to know more about the characters, and I will probably read the rest in the series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bumped.

11/25/2011 page 213