Nels's Reviews > Simply Christian: Why Christianity Makes Sense

Simply Christian by N.T. Wright

M_50x66
Dec 29, 11

Read from December 20 to 28, 2011

I liked Wright's clear explanation of Christianity's relevance today, and the book's organization and vocabulary took me by the hand throughout, helping me easily understand his points. He reminded the reader throughout the book of his recurring themes of how humans seek spirituality, long for the world to be put to justice, desire relationships, and create beauty, and I discovered this kept my focus on the bigger picture that he conveyed. These themes illustrate a picture of Christianity that many have lost, causing me to be disappointed in how many Christians portray the Christian message. One thing I wish he would address more is how other religions might fulfill these themes. This is why I gave him four out of five stars. On the whole though, I appreciated his insightful themes and approachable prose, and I would recommend this book if anyone wants a refreshing perspective at what embodying a Christian lifestyle means.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Simply Christian.

12/24/2011 "communities. We think out beliefs. All this was in part one, so I'm eager to read part two."
12/24/2011 "I like Wright's perspective on how humans long for justice, yearn for relationships, desire beauty, and seek spirituality. I'm interested to see how the Christian lens affects these desires. Also, I like his perspective on five things that humans do. "We honor and celebrate our complexity and our simplicity by continually doing five things. We tell stories. We act out our rituals. We create beauty. We work in commun"