Claire's Reviews > By a Thread

By a Thread by Jennifer Estep

Mar 14, 12

Read in March, 2012

I really like the Elemental series I always look forward to a new book coming out. I have given a 5 star rating to all of the previous 5 books however this is not the case with By A Thread. I have to say that I was disappointed with it. In the last book Gin finally kills Mab Monroe and I was a little concerned where Ms Estep would now take the series as the big main story line had ended. Well it looks like I was right to be concerned. We have the same old story of Gin helping out a friend from being threatened by a bad guy. Bria is still mad at Gin for being an assassin and thinks that good old police work will save the day rather than Gin and her Silverstone knives when it never has before.

I found the story line to be predictable and boring, we didn’t even have the excitement of the evil Mab Monroe to move the plot along. I also found Ms Estep’s writing to keep repeating the story line which really annoyed me. This book is set in a different location as Gin goes away on vacation and I liked that aspect of the book. The usual characters all make an appearance as well as some new ones. Plus there is a blast from the past when Donovan Caine makes an appearance. Some of you may enjoy this but I could have done without because it was just rehashing old ground of Gin being a bad person because she kills people. Gin is a great character she is as hard as nails and I have enjoyed reading her but this book just did not live up to the ones before it so I will give By A Thread 3 stars.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read By a Thread.