Nicola 's Reviews > Total Blueprint for World Domination

Total Blueprint for World Domination by Jolene Stockman

Nov 24, 2011

bookshelves: review-copy, young-adult, non-fiction, indie
Read from February 14 to March 01, 2012

Total Blueprint for World Domination is a self-help book for teenagers. I suppose I am part of the target audience as I'm still in my teens... just about! I don't really tend to read non-fiction books a lot as I find they often go on for ages about nothing and I just skim them for the interesting parts. But I quite enjoyed this one and in part because it does not ramble on. It gets straight to the point and is short and sweet. It's a little boost of positivity.

This book doesn't tell you what you should be doing. It doesn't stick to one viewpoint and and consider all other options wrong. Rather, it tells you what you could do and lets the rest up to you. It's all about feeling empowered and realizing that when it comes down to it, you are really the one with control over your life. It definitely gets the point across that you cannot control other people and their actions but you can certainly control yourself! It's very open-ended and designed to make you think about all your options and decide which would be best for you personally given your own circumstances.

It's very well laid out in a clear and concise manner. It's basically done out in steps and is really easy to follow. Each step leads on to the next and it all builds up into your full plan. Total Blueprint for World Domination can be applied to massive decisions or tiny ones- it's up to you! It's well written and bursting with enthusiasm. Stockman draws on her own life experience at times which adds more meaning to the book as a whole. I certainly enjoyed reading this and like I said, it doesn't take much time to get through at all. I would recommend it for anyone who needs a little motivation for whatever it is.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Total Blueprint for World Domination.

Quotes Nicola Liked

Jolene Stockman
“There is no real world, just the one you create.”
Jolene Stockman, Total Blueprint for World Domination

message 1: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (Stepping out of the Page) Oh wow.