Steve Merrick's Reviews > The Kraken Wakes

The Kraken Wakes by John Wyndham

Nov 24, 11

Little boys who live by the sea should not be allowed near this book as it will involve massive flooded fantasies of a submerged Sydney and it also makes them smile at this.

I have always loved Wyndham, but the Kraken wakes holds a very special place for me. The aliens arrive almost unnoticed and the start living in the deep sea trenches, (So far so good!) time passes and wham they start raiding random islands and stealing the locals.

You will not believe what you are reading as humanity almost bites the big one in these pages. really well written through the eyes of a reporter and his Mrs, watch as the little bleeders try to drown our species off the face of the Earth.

SHOCK and AWE.

Taking into account the ambiguous ending this book has not aged at all badly, in fact the fifties seem to give it an almost parallel universe feel to it now, yet it flows much like the flood waters and is a thoroughly enjoyable read, unless you are a small boy living by the sea with a massive end of the world daydream then you should thoroughly enjoy this.....

Viva John Wyndham!

;-)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Kraken Wakes.