Erika's Reviews > Annie's Song

Annie's Song by Catherine Anderson

Nov 24, 2011

bookshelves: historical, outstanding-characters, favorites, romance
Read on November 24, 2011

In that moment, that was how he saw Annie. He didn’t analyze the feeling. He had unveiled something incredibly precious, immeasurably lovely, and completely unexpected. When God saw fit to bestow such a gift, a man with any sense didn’t ask questions.

Usually bad boy heroes always get my attention more than super kind heroes. In fact I don't like heroes with just a few minor flaws or even worse, flawless. Alex Montgomery may be too perfect, but he and Annie did something to me. I really felt them.

People know Annie as the town moron. She's mute and deaf, shunned for most of her life. No education. No companions. Even her family think she's mad, so they treat her like a mad and imbecile girl. If that's not bad enough, she's raped and then pregnant which finally bring her to Alex, the older brother of her rapist. And thank goodness for that. It didn't matter that Alex was so kind, he was just perfect for Annie. The only person who saw the real Annie. I laughed and then cried. The romance warmth my heart.

Beautiful story.

To lose her now ... Just the thought made Alex ache, so he pushed it from his mind. She belonged to him in the eyes of God and man. The child she carried was his. Nothing was ever going to change that. He wouldn’t allow it to, because to lose her, now that he had found her, would be to die inside.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Annie's Song.

Quotes Erika Liked

Catherine Anderson
“When God saw fit to bestow such a gift, a man with any sense didn’t ask questions.”
Catherine Anderson, Annie's Song

11/24/2011
28.0% "(Quote) How could two people live in the same house, make love, create children, and yet have so little honesty between them?"
11/24/2011
43.0% "(quote) When God saw fit to bestow such a gift, a man with any sense didn't ask questions."
11/24/2011
63.0% "(quote) ...because to lose her, now that he had found her, would be to die inside."

message 1: by Rizka (new) - added it

Rizka  Felyna Erika, baca buku apa ebook? Klo ebook bagi donggg...