Angelfire's Reviews > The Perfect Rake

The Perfect Rake by Anne Gracie

Nov 24, 11

bookshelves: favourite-historicals
Read in November, 2011

Now this is more like it.! After reading tons and tons of regency/historicals about broody alpha males, Gideon was a breath of fresh air!

If you like Charlotte featherstone's Mathew or Kate Pearce's Valentin or even M.J Balogh's Wulfric, than this book is probably not gonna appeal to you.

Gideon is sweet and funny and flirtatious and sexy and just Perfect!

The story in itself is pretty standard fare for regency type books.

Spunky and plain heroine trying to save her siblings from evil relative. Goes on the run, ends up with other lovable relative.
Enter our dashing hero, who has a scandalous past, partly his own making and partly not.And he is not broody, nor does he need redeeming of a dark soul....tell me that doesn't sound heavenly to you fellow readers, because it does to me...
Add in a few simple misunderstandings and que funny situations and a perfectly enjoyable regency novel.

The chemistry between Prudence and Gideon was leaping of the pages.

I just want to keep on writing and writing about how much i love Gideon, but than i would be love letter not a review, so will just end by saying..this is my go to feel good regency book from now.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Perfect Rake.

Quotes Angelfire Liked

Anne Gracie
“If you were mine, I'd never leave you, Prudence. I couldn't.”

Anne Gracie
“I would appreciate it if you would stop… stop… ogling me like that," she hissed, tugging her very modest neckline higher. "It is very embarrassing." She folded her arms across her breasts defensively. He tried to look contrite. "It wasn't me," he confessed. "It was my eyes. They are bold and easily led and have no sense of propriety.”

Anne Gracie
“What if I shave?" he said. "I look much better when I'm shaved. My cousin will vouch for that—do I not look almost handsome when I shave, Edward? " He didn't wait for the duke's reply but turned earnestly back to Prudence. "Do you think you could marry me if I shaved?”