Jen's Reviews > Eternal Eden

Nov 26, 2011

liked it
bookshelves: 2010-2011-books, on-kindle-read
Read from November 23 to 26, 2011

I rarely, if ever, write reviews. But having read this book in a day on my kindle I felt like I had to share my thoughts with someone.

In no particular order:

the concept of the story felt a bit fresh. I wish we could have seen more history of the Immortals, of learning her new life. The author seemed so bent on starting to throw obstacles in the way we sped through much of this. I felt the first book could have solely covered this, stories about Stella, John, other students at the manor, how they were going to deal with "real life" and a slow growing of Bryn and William.

I don't mind star crossed lover stories. But I do dislike when it is inevitably drawn across an entire series. The readers want some time where they get to be together.

I really dislike the passive quality of Bryn. So much has changed in her life, she's been independent and she just gives over all her trust and EVERYTHING to William. Make her a stronger female lead please!

I really enjoyed the family aspect - more please! I'd like to hear more about the other brothers, their wives, their gifts.

Lay out on the table what the deal is for William. Is he a spy? Is he part of the guardian immortalization crew? Is he the next leader? Let's stop throwing obstacle after obstacle one after another and just lay it on the table and have them overcome them all.

I liked the concept of what this COULD be and what I kept hoping it would be. I did enjoy the read but even though I have the next 2 downloaded I feel like I need a break from the world because so much was crammed in along with a lot of over the top devotion that I was a bit irked.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Eternal Eden.