Tony Heyl's Reviews > From Eternity to Here: The Quest for the Ultimate Theory of Time

From Eternity to Here by Sean Carroll

Nov 24, 11

Time is both a simple and yet complicated scientific question. I looked up books about time after seeing one of the Through the Wormhole shows on Science Channel. This is actually a really well put together book. Most of the book is about entropy and the evolution of the universe, so it makes sense that the content itself goes from the very simple to the very complicated, bring you along the way without making you feel like an idiot. The equations and explanations are also done in a way to really tease out how they came to be formulated so that you understand the timeline of understanding time and can put things into context. The way that charts and examples are done is good too because it's not like you have to move to the next page to understand what the text is saying. By the end of the book, not only did I have a much better picture of time, but also of how a multiverse would work, and it really does make sense. Not the best science book I've read because it is complex at times, but I definitely think it is quality.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read From Eternity to Here.