Jessica's Reviews > Press Here

Press Here by Hervé Tullet

Mar 22, 12

bookshelves: children, picture-books
Read on March 20, 2012

After watching the book trailer for Press Here (watch it to get an idea of how the book works) and reading all of the positive reviews for it, I really wanted to get it for my niece for Christmas. But after spending two months on the waiting list, I cancelled the order and ended up getting two of Hervé Tullet's board books (The Game of Light and The Game of Finger Worms--by the way, I would recommend any book in "The Game of..." series for little ones) instead. Recently, I spotted Press Here at the library (you can also purchase it in hip and trendy places like Anthropologie and museum gift stores), and picked it up. It really does live up to the hype. It's such a great interactive book, making it perfect for short attention spans, and completely blowing any app or other digital alternative out of the water. It also is a subtle teaching tool; since the kids have various instructions they have to follow, like "press all the yellow dots" or "rub the dot on the left" or "clap twice," it also teaches things like colors, left/right, the difference between two times and three times, and motor skills like shaking the book. I'll definitely be purchasing this as a gift for 2-5 year olds in the future.

All ages

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Press Here.