Lauren Edgar's Reviews > Voices in the Park

Voices in the Park by Anthony Browne

F_50x66
Nov 23, 11

"Voices in the park" by Anthony Browne is a great post modern book, I enjoy the chaotic and interesting images and think it is very capturing. I enjoy that it gives children a sense of different views and perspectives in a way that they can comprehend and will not be confusing to them. Each character had separate narrative voices accompanied by different textual fonts. I think having different fonts for each character will help children see the difference between the different characters. Not only do they each have their own front but the images vary based on each character and how they view life. Although there are very complex underlying topics worked into this book, socioeconomic perspectives and unemployment, it is great because if your child is at the point where something like that can be discussed there is great conversation that can come out of this book but on the other hand if they are not ready for that it is a great book, with fun and interesting images, about a bunch of gorillas! What is not to love? I would recommend this book because it is a great because it can be used to speak about more serious issues or just used as a fun book with crazy pictures!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Voices in the Park.