Sam's Reviews > The Year of Living Biblically: One Man's Humble Quest to Follow the Bible as Literally as Possible

The Year of Living Biblically by A.J. Jacobs

Sep 02, 12

Read from November 23, 2011 to June 04, 2012

I haven't finished this book, I think it is wonderfully written and have enjoyed and underlined the first 3/4 I've read, but I'm glad it was Jacobs and not me who lived like this for a year. I'm exhausted. I will probably finish this book, but for now, I'm setting my year of living bibically on the shelf.

Jacobs did a wonderful job chronicalling his year of living in New York and working at a major magazine, while living his life according to the rules of the bible. He had religious leaders of various faiths to consult and guide him through his journey and was extremly faithful to his goal. Jacobs is married, however his wife is living her normal secular life, which adds quite a bit of humor to the whole process. As I said, I have fully enjoyed this book, so far, but I could only read about 6 months, before exhaustion set in.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Year of Living Biblically.