Clint Keller's Reviews > The Legend of Sleepy Hollow

The Legend of Sleepy Hollow by Bo Hampton

Nov 23, 11

Oh the story of the headless horseman, what better story to read while trying to scare kids or enjoy a nice halloween weekend. The classic horror story created by Washington Irving has been twisted and tweak countless amounts of times to creat movies, shows, and even other books. But there is nothing like the original, and it is evident when reading "The Legend of Sleepy Hollow". A story which until the end is just about a man, Icabod Crane, who tries to win a young woman's hand in marriage. But as the story comes close to ending, Icabod runs into a dark figure, the headless horseman of Sleepy Hollow.

This short story was very entertaining since before I read this book the only version I knew was from the movie which took a completely different approach. This book, as previously stated, would be perfect around halloween time. I really enjoyed the pictures throughout the book, they were neatly drawn and kept the story very interesting. I would suggest to reading this book to a younger audience but to no one else.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Legend of Sleepy Hollow.