Katelyn's Reviews > Blazing the Trail

Blazing the Trail by Deborah Cooke

May 17, 13

bookshelves: arc, own
Read from February 22 to 27, 2013

How can it be over?! After I was finished with this one I went looking for information on when or if there would be a fourth installment in the series. After looking through Cooke's site and seeing her mention that no plans were in the works I was not a happy camper. I can't say that things were left hanging or unfinished but at the same time I am kind of feeling disappointed. I wasn't ready to say goodbye to these characters. Cooke mentioned that we might one day see these characters in her adult novels, but who knows?

Now that I've gotten that off my chest I feel like I can go on and say how much I enjoyed this series as a whole and this installment most of all. Zoe and her team of loyal dragons and friends were at it again and this time the action was at an all time high! All kinds of shifters were thrown into the mix, the mages stepped up their game and the love triangle that was giving me major anxiety was FINALLY resolved. I won't spoil anything by commenting on who Zoe chooses, between Derek and Jared, but I have to compliment and tip my hat to Cooke with the way she went about that resolution.

So while I'm sad to see the gang go, I've started to backtrack into Cooke's adult Dragon series, Dragonfire, and I'll admit that three books into it and I'm loving it. If you're a fan of literature outside of the YA spectrum and were also totally unprepared to say farewell to this world and these characters, this might be just the series for you.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blazing the Trail.

02/25/2013 page 114