Trisha Wolfe's Reviews > Cinder

Cinder by Marissa Meyer

Dec 21, 11

Okay, so I knew I had to read this when I heard it had cyborgs. I’m always looking for the most original YA stories, and CINDER was just that. I had no idea how the author was going to pull this off—a Cinderella cyborg—but she did. Not only did she pull it off, it was just simply amazing. And beautiful and emotional all at the same time. I can’t gush enough over how much I loved CINDER.

The world was awesome. Futuristic with hints of old world customs. I was impressed with the New Beijing. The world has now seen four world wars, and everyone is living in peace for the most part. Technology has advanced so that people are given a second chance at life if something horrible happens, like an accident that takes limbs and body parts. They are given robotic replacements, turning them into second class citizens—cyborgs. Cinder is one of these citizens who are frowned upon, and after a plague sweeps over the world, it’s the cyborgs that are chosen to be tested on to find a cure.

But that’s just one part of this story. Something that completely blew my mind was the introduction of the Lunas. The moon people. People who live on the moon, and who have mutated. They have powers of persuasion, and can make people see and do what they want. Awesome. The different elements of the story come together to form an amazing plot. The romance between Prince Kia and Cinder was wonderful, too. No, hey, I just met you and I love you and will die for you. They became friends first. They had a slow build toward reaching their feelings for one another, and I loved every minute of it. The cliffhanger at the end killed me. I need more. NOW. Anyone who is looking for something amazingly original and beautiful at the same time has to pick this up. You’re in for an adventure that will change how you look at Cinderella forever.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Cinder.