Leah's Reviews > The Amber Room

The Amber Room by Steve Berry

Nov 23, 11

bookshelves: 2011, mystery, thriller, fiction
Read in November, 2011

I've mentioned time and time again that I adore Berry. I think he's simply fantastic. His books are always so interesting and the pacing is perfect.

That said, this book took me over a month to finish. I have no idea what happened. It wasn't bad, but there was something about it that stopped me from plowing through it in a weekend.

Berry always does such in-depth research and The Amber Room is no different. There were times when I was reading where I'd have to stop and head to the Internet to read more about a specific person/place or look at images. I love that about his novels; I'm always continuing the research long after the book has ended.

One of Berry's downfalls is the sheer number of characters he includes in his books. I couldn't keep track of all the bad guys and a few times I'd wind up confused while reading. I had no idea who was who.

It upsets me to make such a lackluster review. Steve Berry is a really great author who has some excellent books. Unfortunately, this wasn't my favorite.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Amber Room.