Kathy 's Reviews > V is for Vengeance

V is for Vengeance by Sue Grafton

971945
Nov 29, 11

bookshelves: crime-thriller, favorite-authors, series, lisa-v, favorites
Read from November 23 to 28, 2011

Sue Grafton is amazingly keeping this series at a level of excellence in this her 22nd novel of the Kinsey Millhone thrillers. The story had great rhythm, moving the story along without any lag. The characters were exciting and well-developed, new ones and old ones. The different characters' storylines came together beautifully. The only complaint I have is that Henry is away looking after his 99-yr-old sister for the duration of the book. A very satisfying read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read V is for Vengeance.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Lisa Vegan I'm so jealous, Kathy. My library's copies are all still at the vendor.

Michelle same. can't wait to get my hands on it!

Lisa Vegan Whenever I read one of her books I'm always amazed at what a comfort read it is for me. I can't wait to get reacquainted with Henry and Kinsey, etc. etc. Hurry up library! It kills me when I see it in every bookstore I'm in, but even though I own quite a few of the earlier books, I can't justify buying it. I did try to win the giveaway here but wasn't one of the winners.

Kathy Lisa, I hope you get this one soon from the library. Of course, it is nice to have such a good comfort read to look forward to. Michelle, you have an excellent read to anticipate, too. I kind of hate that I've finished it and will have to wait probably two more years for the next one.

Lisa Vegan Kathy, 4 more left. 8 or more years to go. I hope I make it. ;-)

Kathy Lisa wrote: "Kathy, 4 more left. 8 or more years to go. I hope I make it. ;-)"

Me, too, Lisa. Grafton has definitely made a lifetime career out of this series. I met her, and she is a lovely person.

Lisa Vegan I've never actually met her but I heard her interviewed in person and I thought she was a lovely person too.

Lisa Vegan Kathy, I just finished. I agree with all you said, especially about Henry. :-( Isn't it fun to be able to love some of the "bad guys" and dislike some of the "good guys"? Sue Grafton is brilliant. I can't wait for the last 4. Kinsey will be 40, Henry 90, and Grafton near 80. I hope I'm alive to read them all.

Kathy Lisa wrote: "Kathy, I just finished. I agree with all you said, especially about Henry. :-( Isn't it fun to be able to love some of the "bad guys" and dislike some of the "good guys"? Sue Grafton ..."

We'll be here talking about each one, Lisa!

message 10: by Lisa (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lisa Vegan Kathy wrote: "We'll be here talking about each one, Lisa!"

Kathy, Where?

Kathy Lisa wrote: "Kathy wrote: "We'll be here talking about each one, Lisa!"

Kathy, Where?"

Wherever you'd like, Lisa. I'm going to make a special shelf for Lisa books which will consist of the Sue Grafton ones and any others we might share. At least I know I'll keep track of it that way.

message 12: by Lisa (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lisa Vegan I'd like that, Kathy. And that's a good idea. I wish the compare books feature would show every single book in common between Goodreads' members. That would be such fun. At least the feature shows up to about 100 in common books.

Kathy Lisa wrote: "I'd like that, Kathy. And that's a good idea. I wish the compare books feature would show every single book in common between Goodreads' members. That would be such fun. At least the feature shows ..."

I now have a shelf listed as Lisa V. I'll try to get back to you and put some more on there that we share as favorites.

message 14: by Lisa (last edited Dec 19, 2011 10:42AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lisa Vegan If we had more room for shelves on our home page without clicking the more link I'd add similar shelves for many of my Goodreads' friends including you. I'll have to take a look at that shelf of yours some day. ;-)

Kathy Lisa wrote: "If we had more room for shelves on our home page without clicking the more link I'd add similar shelves for many of my Goodreads' friends including you. I'll have to take a look at that shelf of yo..."

Added some more books this morning. Will work on it more later.

message 16: by Lisa (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lisa Vegan Kathy, It's such a fun idea! I wish I didn't care so much about seeing all my shelves on my home page because I've got as many shelves as will fit. I messaged you regarding 5 star vs. 4 star books.