Alyssa's Reviews > A Clash of Kings

3631974
Dec 19, 11

bookshelves: read-in-2011
Read from December 09 to 18, 2011

In the second book of A Song of Fire and Ice series, every character in the series is scattered across Westeros and beyond, with anyone who things they have a right to the throne fighting for it.
First of all, while I enjoyed the first book, I liked this one even more. You didn't have to keep track of all the characters as much and since most of the characters had been introduced in the previous book, more of this book could be devoted to action and less background info. The book also seemed faster paced, which was great.
I also liked the direction this book took some characters, namely Arya, Jon Snow, and Bran. While the first book showed Arya's bravery and fighting nature, this one showed what would happen when it was impossible to escape her circumstances. Jon Snow was even more mature in the book, and his ending is definitely a cliffhanger. Bran's character has really shown growth by the end of this book, proving him as one of the characters that has the most potential for the rest of the series.
All in all, these books are really intriguing and I can't wait to read the rest!
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Clash of Kings.

12/09/2011 page 156
12/14/2011 page 680
67.0% "This book is so good! I like it a lot more than the first"