Joy's Reviews > One to Keep

One to Keep by Sophie Oak

2711937
Nov 24, 11

bookshelves: ebooks, erotic-fiction, bdsm, romantic-suspense, contemporary-romance
Read from November 23 to 24, 2011

I gave this a higher rating than originally intended because of the action part. The small sleepy town of Bliss is finally getting the opportunity to show its inhabitants' lethal side. I'm intrigued by the new character in town, Dr Caleb Burke and his history, I'm hoping he has his own story.

I didn't like Jen and Stef's love story because it's filled with a lot of misunderstandings. I wasn't able to connect with the characters, maybe because I'm not an artist. Stef was too stubborn and selfish to see that what he's really looking for is right in front of him. The BDSM didn't bother me, but Stef really took a lot from Jen. I'm touched by how the women stayed together and comforted Jen.

Another thing that made me turn page after ge is the secondary characters like Alexei, the Russian who's a good man inside just seeking revenge for his murdered big brother, and how bad his English is, it was amusing. He is also into Holly, and who knows where those two are headed, and I want to find out. I'm currently reading "Lost in Bliss", and I just can't get enough of Ms Oak's stories. I have to admit I initially liked her novels because of the sizzling hot sex, but I came to appreciate the wonderful stories and characters in them.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read One to Keep.