Kayleigh {K-Books}'s Reviews > Blood Warrior

Blood Warrior by H.D. Gordon

Dec 14, 11

Read from December 03 to 06, 2011

Blood Warrior Review on K-Books

Wow! I don't really know where to start with this review. This book absolutely rocks. I loved every moment of it and I found it extremely difficult to put down. I couldn't wait to read this from the moment I saw the cover, it's such a great cover and look at those tattoos, they are amazing. It's made me want to get that for my next tat. I was so happy when I got a review copy of this book and I couldn't wait to dive in and start reading.

Alexa has always lived with her Mother and her sister. Her sister always gets special treatment while Alexa gets beat up by her mother, not in an abusive way, in a she-must-train-to-figh-or-else way. She has always hated her life and hated her mother but then when she is thrown into a new world of Vampires and Werewolves she finds out there is more to her and her sister than she thought. She must leave her mother to a crowd of evil Vampires in order to save her sister. But can she ever forgive herself and get on with her life when her mother may still be out there?

I really loved this book. After getting into the paranormal part of the book I couldn't put it down. I seriously felt for Alexa throughout the book. She's only 17 but yet she had to become responsible for protecting her sister. She is such a great character and she's so strong and will do anything to protect the ones she loves and doesn't care whether it will put her life in dangerous.
I loved seeing the love triangle evolving, I could see it happening before it actually did but then after reading more realised it's not quite a love triangle as much as a love square, if only we all have 3 super cute guys pining after us.
Jack, oh I love Jack so much. He is the best friend who loved Alexa so much and I just adore him. He's such a sweetie and he will do anything to protect her and would do anything for her to reciprocate his love. As much as I love Jack and don't want him to be hurt I fell head over heels in love with Kayden, he is the perfect match to Alexa, they are like two halves to a whole and I just love him. All the way through the book I was like please, just get together already and I felt for Kayden so much at the end. I understand why Alexa acted the way she did but I just wanted them to be together so bad.

I cannot wait to see what happens next. There was so many twists and turns and I was shocked by the way it ended. This book definitely has a Vampire Academy feel to it and any fans of VA or Half-Blood are sure to love this book. I can't wait to see what happens with the storyline and how the relationships with the characters grow.
A great start to what is looking up to be a great series.

What Team are you on?

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blood Warrior.

12/05/2011

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Melanie I think i might need this now :)

Kayleigh {K-Books} You should definitely get it Mel, I loved it!

Nicole Great review ;-)!!!!!!

Kayleigh {K-Books} Thanks for sending me it Nicole. I want book 2 now lol

Nicole LOL, as soon as I beta it I will send you an ARC!

Kayleigh {K-Books} Yay! I will be starting it the day I get it lol

Kayleigh {K-Books} I just edited the review to include my What Team pic Lol

Karla(Book Addict) Loved the review Kay!!!!!

Kaye620 I'm so glad you got a chance to read this one. I knew you'd love it.

Can't I have both Jackson and Kayden?

Karla(Book Addict) let share,you can have Kayden for the day, but i get to keep him at night, deal?

Kayleigh {K-Books} No I keep Kayden forever =P

Nicole lol

Maghon Thomas ummm, so I am all excited :) hopefully I will get a copy for the January special :))))) oh and I love the review!!!

Karla(Book Addict) OCD Kay {K-Books} wrote: "No I keep Kayden forever =P"

No, no,no finders keepers i saw him first lol!!!!!!

message 15: by Kayleigh {K-Books} (last edited Dec 27, 2011 12:45PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kayleigh {K-Books} LOL Karla =)

Suzanne Great review Kay........definitely Team Kayden. I love that name too lol

Kayleigh {K-Books} Thanks Suzanne,
Yea we are all Team Kayden lol

Nicole Did you hear about the Hotel room Kay?

Nicole Oh yeah, when HD popped on one of the threads the other day she said she was in the middle of writing a scene where Kayden and Alexa were in a hotel for some reason or another!

Kayleigh {K-Books} ooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh yay lol. what a tease haha

Nicole lol no kidding, it's torture for me because when we talk she cant stop saying how excited she is, how she feels like her writing has gotten better and how things are going to blow us away, how she cant wait for me to read it, and I am like SHUT UP!!!! You are making me nuts! LOLOLOL

Kayleigh {K-Books} lol yea it's okay I went to JLA's blog and she had done this post and it said something like will Daemon and Katy kiss? will they fight? with the do both? you'll find out in Onyx. wil everything fall apart? you'll find out in onyx.
I was like ugh what a tease hahaha