Keely's Reviews > Warrior Rising

Warrior Rising by P.C. Cast

Nov 22, 2011

liked it
Read from February 22 to 27, 2012

This book was republished as English title "Goddess of Troy". I believe she re-released the title to more appropriately fit her "Goddess Summoning" series, where "Goddess" is apparent in the title of the book.

Overall, I liked the book. I've read all of the other Goddess Summoning books and this reads like them. Having read the other books in the series in the order of publication will help with some of the inside references to characters appearing in previous novels.

The Greek references were hard to understand at times. I know little of mythology, and have learned more about certain characters from previous Goddess Summoning series novels, but the references in this book were harder to understand. It was confusing at times.

The love story was good. I believe it could have been expanded in more detail. War seemed to be a huge theme in this book and comprised nearly 50% of the action, love comprising the theme of the remaining 50%. It was decently balanced but I would prefer more love and deepening the plot between the two main characters -Achilles and Polyxena.

Overall, I would recommend this book -it's a quick read and if you are a fan of P.C. Cast, you might as well pick it up!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Warrior Rising.