A Canadian Girl's Reviews > Crave

Nov 22, 2011

it was ok
bookshelves: 2-stars, 2011, harlequin-teen
Read in November, 2011

Crave by Melissa Darnell begins with a really intense prologue. The actual story then shows how Savannah and her boyfriend, Tristan, got to the point in the prologue and continues it from there. The problem: getting to the actual scene in the prologue takes a really long time! I thought a lot of unnecessary mundane stuff like going to school and finding a way to sneak in a makeout session could have definitely been cut in order to let readers reach the dramatic parts of the story faster.

The characters themselves aren’t really memorable. It’s been a couple of weeks since I read Crave, and all I can remember is that Savannah and Tristan seemed like the typical paranormal YA teens – you know, they fall in love fast and don’t take too long to accept that they’re more than human. I did like Savannah’s best friend, Anne, however. She was smart, snarky, and just an overall awesome friend.

Crave was a decent start to The Clann series and the way it ended made me at least a little curious to see what’s going to happen next to Savannah and Tristan. Hopefully its sequel, Covet, will have plenty of action and be more exciting right from the beginning.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Crave.