Serena's Reviews > Ender's Game

Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Aug 16, 2015

liked it
bookshelves: science-fiction, war

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Ender's Game.

Quotes Serena Liked

Orson Scott Card
“Perhaps it's impossible to wear an identity without becoming what you pretend to be.”

Orson Scott Card
“Because never in my entire childhood did I feel like a child. I felt like a person all along―the same person that I am today.”

Orson Scott Card
“I think that most of us, anyway, read these stories that we know are not "true" because we're hungry for another kind of truth: the mythic truth about human nature in general, the particular truth about those life-communities that define our own identity, and the most specific truth of all: our own self-story. Fiction, because it is not about someone who lived in the real world, always has the possibility of being about oneself. --From the Introduction”

Orson Scott Card
“I don't care if I pass your test, I don't care if I follow your rules. If you can cheat, so can I. I won't let you beat me unfairly - I'll beat you unfairly first.
- Ender ”

“You're a monster.
Thanks. Does this mean I get a raise?
No, just a medal. The budget isn't inexhaustable.”

Orson Scott Card
“Sometimes lies were more dependable than the truth.”

Orson Scott Card
“I need you to be clever, Bean. I need you to think of solutions to problems we haven't seen yet. I want you to try things that no one has ever tried because they're absolutely stupid.”

Orson Scott Card
“Ender Wiggin isn't a killer. He just wins—thoroughly.”