Sarah (Workaday Reads)'s Reviews > Resonance

Resonance by A.J. Scudiere

Dec 01, 11

bookshelves: read-in-2011, dare-you-to-read, netgalley, 5-star-in-2011
Read from November 22 to 26, 2011

Just when you thought you've read every possible global disaster scenario... Move aside global warming, volcanos, earthquakes and asteroids. Magnetic pole reversal is here, and it's scary. This book will have you carrying a compass, watching for strange animal behaviour and questioning every stomachache.

I loved this book. It's no secret that I'm a fan of world-threatening catastrophes. This book highlighted one possibility that I haven't really seen featured very often. It did so in a dramatic yet scientific way that made it seem scarily plausible.

There was a romance angle to the book that I found surprising and unique. It featured a love triangle, but with an odd twist. Both of the guys' perspective and feelings were revealed, but the girl was a mystery. Yes, the story was told from her viewpoint at times, but her feelings about the guys was not revealed. I found this very unique, and really let me feel for myself which guy I wanted to root for. That was not a hard choice.

I am a Jordan fan all the way. He was so sweet. Almost the stereotypical good guy, but was stubborn and intelligent enough to come to life. He is an easy character to root for. I wanted him to survive and get the girl. But I won't tell you if he did. The story is set up in a way that it may or may not happen, and you don't really know until the very end.

For that reason, I won't even tell you how I felt about the end, because that would give a lot away. All I will tell you is that I loved the book overall, and obviously think you should read it.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Resonance.

11/24/2011