Serena's Reviews > Artemis Fowl

Artemis Fowl by Eoin Colfer

Mar 26, 15

bookshelves: parallel-worlds, seriously-humorous, ya, fairy, artemis-fowl, fantasy, realism
Read in March, 2015, read count: 8

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Artemis Fowl.

Quotes Serena Liked

Eoin Colfer
“Butler could kill you a hundred different ways without use of his armoury. Though I'm sure one would be quite sufficient.”

Eoin Colfer
“If I win, I'm a prodigy. If I lose, then I'm crazy. That's the way history is written.”

Eoin Colfer
“Trust me. I'm a genius.”

Eoin Colfer
“Confidence is ignorance. If you're feeling cocky, it's because there's something you don't know.”

Eoin Colfer
“If Koboi defeats and presumably murders us both then you can consider the debt null and void.”

Eoin Colfer
“The problem is that I know the textbook answers to any question you care to ask.”

Eoin Colfer
“Let us proceed under the assumption that the fairy folk do exist, and that I am not a gibbering moron.”

Eoin Colfer
“I'm right there with you, darlin'. Unless you step on a landmine, in which case I'm way back in the Operations Room.”

Eoin Colfer
“(to Foaly) Captain Short's life is in danger, so push the button before I climb that tower and push it with your face!”

Eoin Colfer
“Hit that back-stabber where it hurts, right in the ambition.”

Eoin Colfer
“I don't suppose you would consider peaceful surrender?”

Eoin Colfer
“Thankfully the rest of the world assumed that the Irish were crazy, a theory that the Irish themselves did nothing to debunk. They had somehow got it into their heads that each fairy lugged around a pot of gold with him wherever he went. While it was true that LEP had a ransom fund, because of its officers' high-risk occupation, no human had ever taken a chunk of it yet. This didn't stop the Irish population in general from skulking around rainbows, hoping to win the supernatural lottery.”

Eoin Colfer
“Let's save some time here. I grow weary of your clumsy bluffs. In the case of an abduction, the LEP will send a crack Retrieval team to get back what has been lost.. You have done so. Excuse me while I titter. Crack team? Honestly. A Cub-Scout patrol armed with water pistols could have defeated them.”

Eoin Colfer
“But even though there were plenty of teeth in the grin, there was no heart.”

Eoin Colfer
“A genius. A criminal mastermind. A millionaire. And he is only twelve years old.”

03/26/2015 marked as: currently-reading