Anne (Booklady) Molinarolo's Reviews > Minor in Possession

Minor in Possession by J.A. Jance

Nov 24, 11

bookshelves: fall-2011, cozy-mystery
Read from November 21 to 22, 2011

I really like J.A. Jance, but MINOR IN POSSESION was a slight disappointment. Granted I’ve only read 1 other J.P Beaumont novel, but the story-line seemed disjointed and a bit trite. Beau has taken sick leave from the Seattle P.D. to dry out in an Arizona rehab center. He is stuck rooming in a cabin with 19 year old Joey Rothman who is about to graduate from the program. Our homicide Detective is miffed that Joey breaks curfew and suspects illegal activity, since the teen is the center for a Minor in Possession charge. His ex-wife and kids are at the center to give Beau moral support, but when he catches his daughter and roommate making out Beau has murder on his mind. Another father has the same thoughts; Michelle is pregnant and Rothman is the father. All Hell breaks out when Joey is found hanging in a tree beside a flood swelled creek shot to death with Beaumont’s gun. To remove himself as a suspect, Beau with the assistance from his lawyer and friend, Ralph Ames and Joey’s mother investigates.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Minor in Possession.