Pat's Reviews > The Year of the Flood

The Year of the Flood by Margaret Atwood

Dec 19, 11

Read from November 22 to December 19, 2011

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Year of the Flood.

12/07/2011 page 275
show 1 hidden update…

message 1: by Gertie (new)

Gertie I'm kind of surprised you gave #2 a try, you didn't love Oryx and Crake did you? Then again, your three stars might be a lot nicer than my three stars. (for me it usually means I would have been find skipping it) What are you reading over the holidays?

message 2: by Pat (new) - rated it 3 stars

Pat Although I wasn't crazy about Oryx and Crake, I did find that I was left hanging enough at the end that I really needed to read this one. I think I was a tad generous with my 3 star rating however :-) I just started "Intensity" by Dean Koontz. It's really good so far. How about you?

message 3: by Gertie (new)

Gertie I just finished Day by Day Armageddon, which I think was a fun easy read, but not quite as good as I'd been led to believe. :-p I'm not sure what to read next... although I do want to read Mockingjay over Christmas break! I have some ebooks I might read, like The Zona, Rapture, and The Fourth Eye. Seriously, too much to read. :-P Give Duggie and Foxy kisses from Aunt Gertie!

message 4: by Pat (new) - rated it 3 stars

Pat I think that Day by Day is on my list. I have so many books to read it's getting a little out of control :-) I do feel good that I've read 25 (maybe 26 if I finish Intensity) this year. I've been working on my paperbacks lately and have a big stack to go back to the used book shop. I will send Duggie and Foxy your love. Love to Sasquatch and Sherlock!

message 5: by Gertie (new)

Gertie I really like Dean Koontz. He has really polished his style over the years. My favorite book by him isWatchers, but I have loved a lot of others by him. Intensity isn't in my top 5 but it is a pretty good book. I'll give the kitties smooches from Pat. :-P

message 6: by Pat (new) - rated it 3 stars

Pat Ah! Watchers! I was trying to remember the name of that book when I was at the book store. That's how I ended up with Intensity. The owner didn't know the book I was describing but recommended this one as a good Dean Koontz.