Sabrina Sam's Reviews > If You Deceive

If You Deceive by Kresley Cole

Nov 22, 11

First off, I actually give this book a 4.5 out of 5.

I enjoyed the humor, romance and relationship between the hero & heroine. The only thing that kept this book from being a complete 5 was the sentence structure. At times, it was a bit sloppy. I had to reread a few lines over just to get the flow of the meaning. Odd thing is, this is actually a really good book, I just don't really remember much about it. Don't get me wrong, I know the plot and everything, I just can't remember any significant moments, even though there were significant moments. Maybe it had something to do with the fact that I read this book during mid terms, or that I wasn't consistent with reading it everyday. Nonetheless, this book was still a good read. My review may not sound as convincing, but if it were soo horrible, I definitely would have had more to say...or more to complain about, which I don't. Definitely read this, I know I will again.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read If You Deceive.

Quotes Sabrina Liked

Kresley Cole
“I've a sense for these things. Tonight you're aching for a man."
At that, she glanced away. "You might be right, Scot," she said casually, then faced him once more. Her voice a purr, she said, "But are you the man I await...where I ache?”

Kresley Cole
“The woman didn't taste bad, but she tasted wrong. She smelled good, but it wasn't right.

Kresley Cole
“He curled his finger under her chin as he rasped, "I'm goin' tae get it right this time, you know."
"I believe that, Scot." She gazed up at him with all the love she felt. "That's why you're still the dark horse I'm betting on.”

Kresley Cole
“Not to marry, know love, or bind, their fate;
Your line to die for never seed shall take.
Death and torment to those caught in their wake,
unless each son finds his forechosen mate...
For his true lady alone his life and heart can save.

Kresley Cole
“Enough. You're going to make yourself sick." He clasped her hand to help her up.
She reluctantly let him. "But I haven't eaten more than a regular meal."
"Lass, there's more where that came from. You doona have to behave like it's your last meal."
She laughed without humor. "Spoken like a man who's never missed one."
-Maddy”

“Just lie back, wench."
She snickered. "Did you call me wench? Well, you certainly dated yourself there, didn't you? Sometimes I forget how old you are. What's your age, anyway? Thirty-seven? Thirty-eight?"
"I'm thirty-three.”

Kresley Cole
“He clenched his jaw and forced himself to even his tone. "No' necessarily. It's just that you'll be doing it three or four times a day."
"With a man of your advanced years?"
Advanced years? By God, I am going to throttle her.