Iris's Reviews > The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson

Nov 22, 2011

Quotes Iris Liked

Stieg Larsson
“What she had realized was that love was that moment when your heart was about to burst.”

Stieg Larsson
“Then I discovered that being related is no guarantee of love!”

Stieg Larsson
“We need to have a talk on the subject of what's yours and what's mine.”

Stieg Larsson
“Friendship- my definition- is built on two things. Respect and trust. Both elements have to be there. And it has to be mutual. You can have respect for someone, but if you don't have trust, the friendship will crumble.”

Stieg Larsson
“I’ve had many enemies over the years. If there’s one thing I’ve learned, it’s never engage in a fight you’re sure to lose. On the other hand, never let anyone who has insulted you get away with it. Bide your time and strike back when you’re in a position of strength—even if you no longer need to strike back.”

Stieg Larsson
“Normally seven minutes of another person's company was enough to give her a headache so she set things up to live as a recluse. She was perfectly content as long as people left her in peace. Unfortunately society was not very smart or understanding.”

Stieg Larsson
“I can be a regular bitch. Just try me.”

Stieg Larsson
“One of them is that a bastard is always a bastard and if I can hurt a bastard by digging up shit about him, then he deserves it.”

Stieg Larsson
“Sometimes they were together so often that it felt as though they
really were a couple; sometimes weeks and months would go by before
they saw each other. But even as alcoholics are drawn to the state
liquor store after a stint on the wagon, they always came back to each
other.”

Stieg Larsson
“He often wondered whether it were possible to be more possessed by
desire for any other woman. The fact was that they functioned well
together, and they had a connection as addictive as heroin.”

Stieg Larsson
“Everyone has secrets. It's just a matter of finding out what they are.”

Stieg Larsson
“Armageddon was yesterday, today we have a serious problem.”

Stieg Larsson
“Impulsive actions led to trouble, and trouble could have unpleasant consequences.”

Stieg Larsson
“When I find the motherfucker who tortured an innocent cat to death just to send us a warning, I'm going to clobber him with a baseball bat”

Stieg Larsson
“I'm aware of what you've done for me, and I'm not ungrateful. I appreciate that you actually showed yourself to be greater than your prejudices and have given me a chance here. But I don't want you for my lover, and you're not my father.”

Stieg Larsson
“It would be deplorable if the special interests had the power to silence those voices in the media that they find uncomfortable.”

Stieg Larsson
“Her absence had felt like torture--almost a form of personal punishment. He had nobody to discuss his feelings with, and for the first time he realised with appalling clarity what a destructive hold she had over him.”

Stieg Larsson
“Martin was dafter than a syphilitic polecat - where do I get these metaphors from?”

Stieg Larsson
“It did no good to cry, she had learned that early on. She had also learned that every time she tried to make someone aware of something in her life, the situation just got worse. Consequently it was up to her to solve her problems by herself, using whatever methods she deemed necessary.”

Stieg Larsson
“No, I don't believe in God, but I respect the fact that you do. Everyone has to have something to believe in.”

Stieg Larsson
“An introverted person obviously affected by her past. Lived alone, had no sex life, had difficulty getting close to people. Kept her distance, and when she let loose there was no restraint. She chose a stranger for a lover.”
tags: alone

Stieg Larsson
“It did no good to cry, she had learned that early on.”

Stieg Larsson
“She was perfectly content as long as people left her in peace.”

Stieg Larsson
“I fell in love with you last winter. I didn’t mean to, but it happened. And then I took stock and realised that you were only here temporarily; one day you’ll be gone for good and I’ll stay here for the rest of my life. It hurt so damn much that I decided I wasn’t going to let you in again…”

Stieg Larsson
“That I would have to be totally insane to stop seeing you just because you’re going to leave one day”

Stieg Larsson
“She did not just seem difficult – in his eyes she was the very quintessence of difficult.”