Michelle's Reviews > Blue Sky Days

Blue Sky Days by Marie Landry

Jan 22, 12

bookshelves: blog-tour, kindle, review-on-blog, dac-2012
Read on January 21, 2012

Holy Cow! This book is so good. Seriously, I NEED to read more contemporary! What I liked the most about Blue Sky Days is the writing. Marie Landry tells a story with her writing. It is not just words on a page, it is a living breathing story that unfolds right before your eyes. This is what books should be like. Blue Sky Days had me laughing, crying and smiling at all the sweet moments. It is truly an awesome and powerful book. And to think this is a debut book for Ms. Landry! Really impressive. I loved it.

When Emma moved to a new town to stay with her Aunt, I wasn't really sure what direction the story was going to take. And then when she met Nicholas, I thought for sure he was way too good to be true. So I became skeptical. But even though I was a little doubtful of Nicholas I could not help but fall in love with him and his relationship with Emma. He was always so enamored by her and always so good to her, it was hard to not fall under his spell a bit.

Even though I knew this book dealt with Cancer, it still struck me hard when I read about it. I had a family member lose his battle with Leukemia at such a young age that it was hard for me to see Nicholas go through it too. The maturity that both Emma and Nicholas showed in such a tough time was so inspiring to read about. (It kind of reminded me of A Walk to Remember, which was another emotional book/movie for me.) I loved seeing their never ending patience with each other and their steadfast loyalty. We can learn a lot from them. It was really refreshing to see such maturity in people so young. (I have come to notice that immaturity bugs me...a lot!)

I loved the recurring theme of "blue sky days". I thought that was the cutest phrase for having a good day. And it is so true, not every day can be a blue sky day. But This book made me want to take advantage of them when they do show up. Such a great message and a valuable lesson. Blue Sky Days is a beautifully written book. It grabbed my attention and didn't let go until long after I finished reading. This book is just as powerful as it is sweet and romantic. Amazing read, everyone should check out this book!

1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blue Sky Days.